Throughout the 1960's, Ontario's high school system was undergoing extensive changes. New schools were being built throughout the province to accommodate the influx of students, prompting an increase in available teaching positions. In this era, students were no longer required to attend their local high school, but were being given the option to choose which high school they wished to attend within their area. This resulted in the implementation of school buses to transport students.
In Capreol, the local high school was flourishing. A gymnasium, three commercial rooms, new offices, a staff room, and a library were all added to the school.
In 1973, at the same time that the high school system switched over to semesters, Capreol High School was celebrating its 50th Anniversary.
As part of the Sudbury Board of Education, Capreol High School continued to serve the students of Capreol until its closure in 1997. Currently, the building is used by the Capreol Millennium Resource Centre, offering fitness and recreational activities to the community.
Material compiled from Capreol: The First 75 Years, 1918-1993.