During the early days of Methodism in Sudbury, new followers were admitted to the church on a probationary basis. Evangelists were often called upon to visit the Sudbury parish and many of Sudbury's young Methodist men were called to the ministry. Reverends would often stay with one parish for a term of three or four years before being moved on to serve a new parish by the Conference Stationing Committee (the religion's governing board). As such, many reverends served the Sudbury district over the years, some of whom were not well liked by the congregation and left soon after arrival.
One of the most popular ministers to come to the area was Reverend J.C. Cochrane. Reverend Cochrane was the minister of Sudbury's parish from 1919 to 1923. At first, the congregation was not fond of his methods, however, by the end of his term, the parishioners were saddened by his departure.
Throughout the early 1920's, some minor renovations were done on the church and church organizations began to develop, including the Ladies' Aid group and the Women's Missionary Association.
On February 10, 1923, the church burned down, destroying the building and the beloved pipe organ. This resulted in the Methodists worshiping alongside the Presbyterians at St. Andrew's Church for a few months while the reconstruction took place.
Despite some debate as to whether a Methodist church should be rebuilt or whether it would be beneficial to simply join with the Presbyterians, the new Methodist church was reconstructed and opened on September 16, 1923.
The last Methodist minister to serve the Sudbury area was Reverend R.E. Morton. Reverend Morton served the parish from 1923 to 1925. In June of 1925, the Methodist church joined the Church Union movement. By October, the Methodist and Presbyterian Church Boards met to discuss the terms of a union. They determined that St. Andrew's would be used for masses while the Methodist Church would be used for Sunday School. They further decided that both reverends would continue their work, that all finances would be merged, and that church organizations would be reformed and united.
On June 10, 1927, the Methodist Church on Cedar Street officially joined with St. Andrew's to become part of the United Church of Canada.
The Methodist Church on Cedar Street (later named Wesley Hall) was sold in 1939 to the Bell Telephone Company and plans were undertaken to build a new Wesley Hall beside St. Andrew's Church. The new building was completed in 1941 and on February 2, 1941, the official opening ceremony took place.