The first post office was located next to the First Aid building in the vicinity of the Number One mine shaft. Originally, the Falconbridge Nickel Mines Limited was the only postal address for the settlement and any mail for the town's residents was sent to the company for sorting and delivery.
Postal services were moved to Mr. Hodge's general store in the mid 1930's where it remained until 1960. In that year, a new post office was built on the corner of Rix Street and Copper Street where it is still located today.
Material compiled from Nickel Centre Yestredays.