John Franklin was the first and only man to serve as Reeve for the Town of Falconbridge. In 1958, Franklin was elected as Reeve when the town was officially incorporated and continued to serve in this capacity until the amalgamation of the Region of Sudbury in 1973.
Franklin came to the area on May 10, 1933 when his brother-in-law convinced him to come to Falconbridge to work in the mine. Upon his arrival, he took up residence in Garson for the first four years before finally building a home for himself in Falconbridge in 1937. John Franklin worked for the Falconbridge Nickel Mine as a supervisor of plant drafting before finally retiring.
Today, John Franklin is honoured with a street in his name.
Material compiled from Nickel Centre Yesterdays.