In 1890, Reverend Huntington secured a loan and construction began on the first permanent Methodist church in Sudbury. A mortgage existed on the building until, in 1897, the Canada Permanent Trust Company (the owners of the church mortgage) opted not to renew the mortgage and decided that the church would either have to pay it off immediately or be foreclosed. The parishioners undertook a large campaign effort and managed to raise the necessary funds to pay off the mortgage. On May 4, 1898, a special ceremony was held in which the mortgage and the title deeds were presented to the church trustees.
Many people continued to join the Methodist faith and by the early 1900's, a new church was once again needed. In 1904, church membership had increased to 68 parishioners. The property on Beech Street was rented out and later sold to the Baptist parish and the Methodists purchased land at the corner of Cedar and Larch to accommodate the increased membership. In 1907, construction on the new building began, and by May 24th of that year, the church's cornerstone was laid by the Honourable Frank Cochrane, Provincial Minister of Mines and an active supporter of the church.
The completed church was dedicated on January 5, 1908 by Reverend Dr. Spear, President of the Toronto Conference. In 1909, the church received its first pipe organ, a donation made in part by Andrew Carnegie.