In 1925, Copper Cliff's baseball team won the Ontario Amateur Baseball Association championship with a score of 2-1. This was the first time that a team from the Nickel Belt Baseball League had won this championship.
The 1930's saw Sudbury's junior baseball league join the O.A.B.A. Sudbury's team was called the St. Louis, after its sponsor - the St. Louis Club.
In 1931, the first junior provincial final was held in Sudbury thanks to the efforts of Bert Flynn. The Sudbury St. Louis won a hard fought victory with a score of 7-6 in the 12th inning of play.
During the Depression years, there was no shortage of work in Sudbury and the surrounding area. Men would come from all over the country to work in the mines and in their free time, these same men would be on the baseball field with their newfound teammates.
Around this time, softball started to become popular in the area. A local team, sponsored by the Bannon Brothers furniture store, competed for the All-Ontario championship but lost the game.
The 1930's were the victory years for the Nickel Belt Baseball League. The Sudbury women's softball team and the men's softball team both won their respective provincial titles and the junior team came very close to winning its provincial championship.
In those days, it was difficult for the northern baseball clubs to compete with southern clubs for championship games because travel expenses were often barely covered and the southern teams didn't want to travel north. As often happened, the northern champions would complete their season long before the southern teams did, forcing the northerners to wait to play for the championship. Senior baseball players became tired of this arrangement and decided not to maintain their affiliation with the O.A.B.A. Instead, just before the start of World War II, the senior teams decided to form the Northern Baseball Association, an association in which they could play against other Nickel Belt teams for their own championship.