Throughout the 1920's, Garson continued to grow and expand, thanks in large part to the mining industry. By 1937, electricity was finally available and in 1939, a volunteer fire brigade was established. The fire brigade consisted of a group of local residents and the fire-fighting equipment was housed at a local garage before the construction of the first fire hall. When a fire broke out, the brigade was alerted by the ringing of a bell three times in succession and by the blowing of the mine's whistle. In 1942, an official fire department was established, complete with paid employees.
Community improvements continued in 1948 as homes were equipped with running water and by 1962, a sewage system was installed.
As Garson's centennial year approached in 1967, the community was looking for a Centennial Project to mark the occasion. The town decided to build a club house next to the outdoor skating rink on Orell Street which would also serve to house the library. Prior to its construction, the library was located in a local barbershop, but when the building was complete, it was moved to the rear portion of the club house. When the new community centre was built in 1970, the need for a club house at the outdoor rink became obsolete, and so the library took over the entire building. Mike Solski, a former mayor on the Neelon-Garson Council, was instrumental in the creation of the new library.
The 1970's saw Garson continue to improve as a new post office was built beside the Community Centre. This prompted postal services to be moved from Magill's Drug Store to its new home on Church Street. In 1972, a Medical Centre was established across the street from the town's municipal office building.
Despite the growth in municipal services throughout the 1960's and 1970's, Garson's business section experienced difficult times. As road service to Sudbury improved over the years and new shopping plazas opened, the small family shops of Garson could not compete with their larger neighbour. Businesses began to close or they chose to move to these new plazas in order to survive. Eventually, the business section of town disappeared and was replaced by residential buildings.
Regardless of the setbacks experienced, Garson is a community with a lot to be proud of. It has come a long way from its early beginnings as a lumber camp to its role today as a key community within the City of Greater Sudbury. Through it all, Garsonites have managed to create a warm and welcoming community that inspires loyalty and pride in every resident.