Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)
The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce opened in Capreol as a sub-agency on January 25, 1919. The first manager of the bank was Mr. H. Duncan.
By April 7th of that year, the sub-agency had become a sub-branch and on July 2, 1920, the CIBC was a full branch in Capreol. The bank remained in Capreol until 1935 when it closed and the business was transferred to Sudbury.
On December 5, 1946, the CIBC reopened in Capreol, once again as a sub-agency. It became a full branch on June 3, 1957.
Today, the CIBC continues to operate in Capreol on Young Street.
Capreol Credit Union
The first Credit Union established in Capreol was the CNR Employee's Credit Union Limited. The organization was incorporated on September 13, 1952.
On August 2, 1960, the CNR Employee's Credit Union became the Capreol Community Credit Union and was located in the basement of Paul Noel's property.
By 1988, the Credit Union underwent yet another name change, becoming the Nickel Centre Credit Union.
Today, the Northern Credit Union, located on Vaughan Street, continues to provide residents of Capreol with banking services.
Material compiled from Capreol: The First 75 Years, 1918-1993.