In 1935, St. Andrew's United Church began to broadcast evening church masses to shut-ins through the newly established radio station. The endeavour was met with much enthusiasm.
The radio enabled the church to reach those members of the community who were unable to attend services but who still wanted to practice their chosen faith.
St. Andrew's continued to utilize radio broadcasts to reach shut-ins throughout the 1950's and early 1960's. They were also the first church to use television to reach parishioners, beginning in 1955.
In 1965, Glad Tidings Tabernacle branched into television due to the desire of their new pastor, Reverend David Mainse, to continue producing the television show he began at his former parish. The program, "Crossroads", grew over the years to become the Crossroads Christian Communications Organization. This organization produced Christian television programming, including the popular "100 Huntley Street". Glad Tidings returned to radio in the 1970's and established a phone-in show for Sudbury youth called "Challenge".