During the early to mid 1940's, the Fifty-Fifty Club was started at St. Andrew's and promoted equal partnership between husband and wife. By 1945, the Club had over 400 members and they held social gatherings at Wesley Hall. In April of that year, the club hosted the first dance to ever take place at Wesley Hall, and over the years, the group raised funds for projects that would help people throughout the world while encouraging faith.
The Fifty-Fifty Club sparked the creation of the Couples Club, a group designed for newly married young people to help encourage a sense of belonging to the parish. The group held social dinners and hosted guest speakers as part of the gathering. The Couples Club went on to create Sudbury's first-ever nursery school in 1956.