To add to the already unmanageable number of students, in 1958, the first Kindergarten classes began being offered for 5 year olds. This resulted in many more children entering the educational system and with the lack of classroom space, this made for very interesting times.
In 1960, the City of Sudbury amalgamated with the Township of McKim and part of the Township of Neelon. As such, the Roman Catholic Separate School Board became responsible for an additional fourteen schools throughout these townships. The amalgamation resulted in a new trustee distribution and an increase in trustees from six to twelve to ensure equal representation on the board for all wards.
Continuing throughout the 1960's, schools were being built and upgraded in an effort to meet classroom demands and to provide each school with gymnasiums and libraries.