The railroad built by the Canadian Pacific Railway Company in 1883 was the only means of transportation to reach the village.
The first school in Chelmsford was built in 1889 on the site of the actual presbytery on Errington Street.
In 1891, Errington Street was known as Front Street. The general store and the first hotel were located there.
The Chelmsford chapel was built at the beginning of the 20th century on Front (Errington) Street and on the present site of St. Joseph's church.
The lands and agricultural tools represent the abundance and fertility of farm land in this region.